If you are using an iPhone and are not satisfied with the features offered by it, the best way to get most out of an iPhone is by Jailbreaking the device. There are large number of people who still believe that Jailbreaking the device might get you in trouble. But, it really isn’t the case. In this post of mine here, today I’ll give you the best reasons to the question “Why Jailbreak iPhone?” and also to the question “How To Jailbreak iPhone 4s?“. Isn’t this enough?
iPhone has wider market all over the world for its brand. You may either be interested in its features or not, you still will love the iPhone. Because, it is THE iPhone. But, I have a question for the iPhone users. Are you satisfied with the features available after spending so much to get an iPhone? You could get many extra features in some smartphones those worth just half the price of an iPhone. So, to make as much as possible, the only possible way is by Jailbreaking an iPhone.
Why Jailbreak iPhone?
As I already mentioned above, the reason to jailbreak an iPhone is only to get maximum features and enjoy the real feel of an iPhone. Purchasing an iPhone and using it is normal, but modifying it the way you like to use is something. And for that very reason, all you need to do, is jailbreak your iPhone.
In the past, even after Jailbreaking an iPhone, the benefits weren’t so great. So, people generally did not choose to Jailbreak their iPhone’s. But as of now, after 4 years of debut, the Jailbreaking community has grown up. You could now get the most of an iPhone and trust me, it is the correct time to Jailbreak your iPhone.
Jailbreaking an iPhone is like giving freedom to your phone. Without jailbreak, your iPhone is just a slave that has no freedom to open up its mouth. Once you jailbreak your device, you could listen to the beautiful voice of an iPhone. There are also risks in Jailbreaking the device, but once you kick them off your path, the results you get are really worth daring.
How To Jailbreak iPhone 4s?
It is very simple to Jailbreak any iPhone but has slighter difference with each version. You just need to follow few steps to jailbreak the device on your own instead of paying some bucks to some service provider.
But you must make sure that your version is iOS 8.1. Every version differs in the process of Jailbreaking. So, if you are using the current iOS version 8.1, then this guide is definitely for you. Is this process only for iPhone 4s? No, it isn’t. The process that I’m going to share with you today will work for all the higher iPhone products that has iOS 8.1. So, iPhone 6 and 6+ can also be Jailbreaked using this process.
We are not responsible for any damage to your iPhone during the process of Jailbreaking. You should move further at your own risk.
Follow this process for Jailbreaking an iPhone.
- The first thing you need to do, is backup your device. To backup, goto Settings->iCloud->Backup and then click on “Backup Now”.
- Once you’re done, disable the passcode (if any). Path to disable passcode is: Settings->Touch ID & Passcode.
- Enable Airplane mode after you’re done with the above two steps.
- Now, you need to have a Jailbreak tool to perform any further operations of Jailbreaking an iPhone. So, download Pangu 1.1 (jailbreaking tool).
- You’ll need iTunes 12 to jailbreak. So, download it if you do not have.
- Plug-in your device to the system and open the tool you’ve downloaded.
- To open the tool, right click on it and open it in Administrator mode (on Windows).
- You have the option “Start Jailbreak” in Pangu 1.1 once your device is recognized by it.
- Next, click on “Already did” and your process starts now.
- Once the process is done, your iPhone will reboot. Do not unplug before reboot. After reboot, you can close Pangu on your system.
- Now, click on Cydia icon available to prepare the file system on your iPhone. And now, you’re done.
Isn’t it very easy? Jailbreaking an iPhone is now done in just 10-11 steps. And make sure you follow all the steps mentioned above carefully, step-by-step.
Must read: “How To Remove Shortcut Virus From Pendrive“
Got Stuck Jailbreaking?
It is sometimes possible to get stuck while trying to jailbreak an iPhone. But there is no reason to worry. You already had the backup with you and restoring it is easy again, just that you need to spend some time on it. The possible reasons for your unsuccessful jailbreak might be anything. This happens to most of the people trying for the first time. But as we have an option to reset, we may not panic.
So, if you got stuck in the process of Jailbreaking, all you need to do is, to enter into the restore mode and connect to the iTunes. To get into the restore mode, press the power and home buttons simultaneously for about ten seconds and then remove your finger from the power button and continue to press the home button for another ten seconds. Then you can see the option to restore your device through iTunes. Once restored, you can again try the process of Jailbreaking an iPhone.
If the above process didn’t seem to work, try on a different computer. There might be the chance where you can successfully restore your iPhone. If in case you were unable to restore even now, then I’m sorry to tell you this, you need to head for nearest Apple store and ask them to fix this. Do not tell them what you tried doing. Never use a word Jailbreak – ing with them.
I may not tell the custom or paid apps available in Cydia waiting for you after jailbreaking. You can try them yourselves according your taste and need. But if you are not willing to spend some bucks, you might not find major advantages of Jailbreaking an iPhone (though you get some).
Loss Due To Jailbreaking The Device
The loss isn’t loss actually. There are some things to be noted before you jailbreak your iPhone.
- You just loose the official Apple support for your device.
- You will not get the updates faster. Though you get updates late, the process takes time and isn’t very easy when compared to normal non-jailbreaked iPhone.
- You (may) loose the security and stability of an iPhone.
- After Jailbreaking, the iPhone might sometimes crash. And in that case, you need to always restore the device which is time-taking and irritating.
- Apps that are too good, that are available once you jailbreak your device are priced high. So if you do not want to spend some bucks for them, you may not want to jailbreak your device. But the real taste lies in them.
So, these are the complete details on “Why Jailbreak iPhone?” and “How to Jailbreak iPhone 4s?” and also on the “Loss that you might get for Jailbreaking an iPhone.”