Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510 is one of the best tab models from Samsung. If you are one of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.0 GT-P7510 users and feels bored with the current firmware, you can simply update Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow. This is really a great news to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510 users who wait for the updates.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow is an extension of the core features and functionality of Android Lollipop. If you are ready to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510 please do verify some prerequisites.
PrerequisitesBefore you start the procedure of installing Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy Tab, you must follow below-mentioned prerequisites to stay on safe side. Carefully read these conditions before you start installing Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510.
- Check device model: This article is written purely for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510 only. You should not follow these steps on any other devices. If your device is not Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510, then you should stop following these steps immediately.
- Root access: Before installing Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510, you must root your device. You can find more details on how to root Samsung Galaxy Tab below.
- Custom Recovery: After rooting Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510, you should also install any custom recovery like CWM, TWRP etc. You can find more details about how to install a custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab below.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader after rooting and installing a custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab. You can find more details about Samsung Galaxy Tab bootloader unlocking below.
- USB drivers: If you need to connect your Samsung Galaxy Tab to PC or laptop as the part of this tutorial, then you should first install Samsung USB drivers on your system.
- USB debugging: To establish a stable connection between Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510 and PC/Laptop, you need to enable USB debugging on Samsung Galaxy Tab. Check our guide to enable USB debugging on Samsung Galaxy Tab.
- Backup: Installing Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510 will delete entire data from the device and recovering them is a big process. It is recommended to backup entire Samsung Galaxy Tab data before you follow these steps.
- Check battery: The process of installing custom recovery may take 5-20 minutes and you should maintain enough battery backup before starting the process. Battery drains quickly than normal while you follow below steps and it is advised to charge up to 60% before getting started.
Latest features of Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- In Marshmallow, CPU has been overclocked from 1.2Ghz to 1.6Ghz. Here CPU voltage has controlled with temperature readings.
- Here, GPU has been overclocked to 400Mhz.
- Here we have an updated USB wifi driver and USB charging.
- Here we have SELinux and L2 cache optimization.
- ZRAM backports is available.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow is an unofficial version so users have to know about which are working and which are not working
- Audio playback and file transfer are working good.
- Now an end to end encryption is available.
- Video resolution is good. We can watch high pixel videos.
- Good clarity on Audio and Sound.
- WiFi drivers are updated.
- Bluetooth drivers were modified.
- Tethering status for wifi it is working, but it works for Bluetooth.
- While coming to Camera, pictures are looking awesome but Video recording is not that much good.
- Audio and keyboard docks are not yet tested.
- Wireless Display / Miracast.
- There is no compatibility with the outdated video blobs.
Must Follow Steps
- If you’re not a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-07510 device user, you just skip this article. There is a chance to brick your mobile if you still continue this procedure.
DisclaimerInstalling custom ROM's on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510 is not a simple and official process. You need to do it with caution. Any small mistake may hard brick your device and makes it useless. Please try this custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510 at your own risk. Either Interest Waypoint team, device manufactures or developers are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510. You need to understand this article is just for educational purpose and you're doing it at your own risk.
Steps to update Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-O7510
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510 device to PC and transfer the downloaded Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM and GoogleApps packages to phone memory.
- Once files are transferred disconnect your Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510 from PC and Turn Off your Galaxy Tab.
- Now enter into custom recovery mode on your device. If you don’t know how to enter into this mode follow this steps. “Press the Volume Up Button + Home Button + Power Buttons at a time until you see the custom recovery mode.”
- In this custom recovery mode, you can see a list of options which are not visible previously in Stock recovery. Find and select wipe data/factory reset by using volume buttons because in recovery mode touch may not work properly.
- Select wipe cache partition for performing data wipe.
- Once cache partition is completed, now enter advanced options and select wipe dalvik cache.
- If the above-mentioned steps are properly done, you can able to flash the firmware package by selecting install zip from phone memory, find and choose your Android 6.0 Marshmallow package which you just copied before and confirm the installation.
- Please do not interrupt any process while installing.
- If this process is completed, do the 9th step again for GoogleApps package.
- If both packages are installed successfully, click on the reboot system now option.
Check Root Status of Samsung Galaxy TabSo, you have finally rooted your Samsung Galaxy Tab successfully. But wait! Did it actually enable root access and everything went well? Even though you didn't face any errors while rooting process, it doesn't mean you did it right. Don't worry, we can simply test the root access on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510 by installing any root checker applications. You can try this app from Playstore and verify the root access. If that app shows no root access, then you might have done something wrong. Try this entire process again to root Samsung Galaxy Tab.
Conclusion for rooting Samsung Galaxy Tab
We're done! Hope this guide helped you to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510 without any errors. In case if you encounter any problems while following our guide, leave a comment below and we'll respond with a possible solution as soon as possible. Keep visiting for more updates on Samsung Galaxy Tab.