Xiaomi, (Chinese Apple) is one of the leading smartphones all over the globe because of its latest specifications and an affordable price. Xiaomi keeps on released its MI series, Redmi Note 4 is one of the best models in those series. Some users of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 are aware of its Android Nougat beta version. If you are one of them and want to install some custom firmwares you must root your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 with twrp recovery. If you want to root your mobile you have to Unlock Bootloader in Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
Xiaomi developers lock the bootloader in your device because they don’t allow us to change system files or installing any custom softwares. Even though you want to Unlock Bootloader in Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 you have to verify some prerequisites.
PrerequisitesBefore you start the procedure Xiaomi Redmi bootloader unlocking, you must follow below-mentioned prerequisites to stay on safe side. Carefully read these conditions before you start unlocking bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
- Check device model: This article is written purely for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 only. You should not follow these steps on any other devices. If your device is not Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, then you should stop following these steps immediately.
- Root access: Before unlocking bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, It is suggested to root your device. You can find more details on how to root Xiaomi Redmi below.
- USB drivers: If you need to connect your Xiaomi Redmi to PC or laptop as the part of this tutorial, then you should first install Xiaomi USB drivers on your system.
- USB debugging: To establish a stable connection between Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and PC/Laptop, you need to enable USB debugging on Xiaomi Redmi. Check our guide to enable USB debugging on Xiaomi Redmi.
- Backup: Unlocking bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 will delete entire data from the device and recovering them is a big process. It is recommended to backup entire Xiaomi Redmi data before you follow these steps.
- Check battery: The process of unlocking bootloader of %complete_device_name% may take 5-20 minutes and you should maintain enough battery backup before starting the process. Battery drains quickly than normal while you follow below steps and it is advised to charge up to 60% before getting started.
Unlocking bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is not a simple and official process. You need to do it with caution. Any small mistake may hard brick your device and makes it useless. Please try unlocking bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 at your own risk. Either Interest Waypoint team, device manufactures or developers are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. You need to understand that, this article is just for educational purpose and you're doing this process at your own risk.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader in Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
- Visit Mi Unlock, and sign in with your Mi login Id and ask request for unlocking bootloader with a proper reason.
- You’ll get a text message to your Redmi Note 4 mobile. Go to Mi unlock to download the unlock tool and again login with same Mi account.
- Extract the downloaded Mi Unlocking Tool and launch MiFlashUnlock.exe file as an administrator.
- After running MiFlashUnlock.exe file as an administrator open this app and click Agree.
- In this unlocking app again enter your same Mi account details.
- After successful login, Mi will check whether your account has unlocked permissions or not.
- In case you get a message regarding device not connected, once turn off your Redmi Note 4 and boot into fastboot mode. If you don’t know how to boot into fastboot mode follow this simple steps. “Press and hold Volume Down + Power Button” for few seconds. You’ll see “Fastboot” written on the screen whenever you release the buttons.
- By using a USB cable connect your Redmi Note 4 to your PC and click Unlock in Mi Unlocking Tool. (“Your unlocking process starts now“)
- Wait for a while to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
- Don’t interrupt anything while the unlocking process is going on.
Conclusion for unlocking bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Hope you followed this guide properly and successfully unlocked the bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. In case if you find any issues while following this tutorial, leave a comment below and we'll respond with a possible solution. Don't stop here, start installing a custom recovery, custom ROM's to see the real charm of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. Keep visiting our website for more tutorials on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.