Samsung released its 4G LTE mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon) in middle of the 2014 year and works on the Android KitKat 4.1.1 version (now upgraded to Lollipop). If you are one of the users of Samsung Galaxy S5 and wants to update your mobile to latest Android versions you have to install some custom firmwares. To install custom firmware’s you must root Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon with Odin software. Rooting helps you to install custom ROM’s, Kernels and customizes your mobile into your own style. It also boosts the performance of your device and improves your battery life.
Odin is one of the best flashing firmware software for any Samsung Android device from the developers. It also keeps your mobile safe and secure. If you are ready to continue, verify some prerequisites before you root Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon with Odin.
PrerequisitesBefore you start the procedure to root Samsung Galaxy S5, you must follow below-mentioned prerequisites to stay on safe side. Carefully read these conditions before proceeding to root Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Check device model: This article is written purely for Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900V only. You should not follow these steps on any other devices. If your device is not Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900V, then you should stop following these steps immediately.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader to gain complete root access. You can find more details about Samsung Galaxy S5 bootloader unlocking below.
- USB drivers: If you need to connect your Samsung Galaxy S5 to PC or laptop as the part of this tutorial, then you should first install Samsung USB drivers on your system.
- USB debugging: To establish a stable connection between Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900V and PC/Laptop, you need to enable USB debugging on Samsung Galaxy S5. Check our guide to enable USB debugging on Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Backup: Rooting Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900V sometimes delete entire data from the device and recovering them is a big process. It is recommended to backup entire Samsung Galaxy S5 data before you follow these steps.
- Check battery: Rooting process may take 5-20 minutes and you should maintain enough battery backup before starting the process. Battery drains quickly than normal while you follow below steps and it is advised to charge up to 60% before getting started.
Must Follow Steps
- If your mobile is not Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon SM-G900V don’t do this procedure. Just skip this article.
DisclaimerRooting your Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon SM-G900V is not a simple and official process. You need to do it with caution. Any small mistake may hard brick your device and makes it useless. Please try to root Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon SM-G900V at your own risk. Either Interest Waypoint team, device manufactures or developers are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon SM-G900V. You need to understand this article is just for educational purpose and you're doing it at your own risk.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon SM-G900V
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon SM-G900V to your PC and transfer the downloaded zip files to phone/Sd card memory.
- Extract your Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon SM-G900V CF-AutoRoot, you will get a file name of .tar.md5
- Extract Odin 3.07.zip and run Odin3 v3.07 as administrator.
- Turn Off your Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon SM-G900V device, and wait for few seconds.
- Hold down the Volume Down button + Home Button then press Power Button for 5 seconds, you’ll get a warning screen.
- Press Volume up to continue.
- Already you have your device-related drivers (which you just installed from downloads section) and Odin 3.07 program, so just open Odin program, your screen will display an ID: COM in yellow color with a random number in it.
- Click on PDA under Files [Download] and find the cwm6-root-note2.tar file. Select that file and click Start button, now your Odin will start flashing the custom CWM Recovery. If it completes successfully your screen displays a green “PASS!” box.
- After completion of this process, your Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon SM-G900V will automatically boot into ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery and install the SuperUser app along with its binaries.
- If the whole process is completed, again reboot your Samsung Galaxy S5.
Check Root Status of Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon SM-G900VSo, you have finally rooted your Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon SM-G900V successfully. But wait! Did it actually enable root access and everything went well? Even though you didn't face any errors while rooting process, it doesn't mean you did it right. Don't worry, we can simply test the root access on Samsung by installing any root checker applications. You can try this app from Playstore and verify the root access. If that app shows no root access, then you might have done something wrong. Try this entire process again to root Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon SM-G900V.
Conclusion for rooting Samsung Galaxy S5
We're done! Hope this guide helped you to root Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon SM-G900V without any errors. In case if you encounter any problems while following our guide, leave a comment below and we'll respond with a possible solution as soon as possible. Keep visiting for more updates on Samsung Galaxy S5.