We all know that Motorola releases its brand new mobile Moto G5S plus recently. If you are a Moto G5S plus user, a great news for you that your Moto G5S plus mobile will get the latest Android 8.0 Oreo version very soon. The custom firmware department have already started their development for providing some custom firmwares for us. If you would like to customize your mobile, you have to root Moto G5S Plus.
Rooting helps you to install custom ROM’s, Kernels and customizes your mobile into your own style. It also boosts the performance of your device and improves your battery life. Please do verify some prerequisites if you are ready to root Moto G5S Plus.
PrerequisitesBefore you start the procedure to root Moto G5S Plus, you must follow below-mentioned prerequisites to stay on safe side. Carefully read these conditions before proceeding to root Moto G5S Plus.
- Check device model: This article is written purely for Motorola Moto G5S Plus only. You should not follow these steps on any other devices. If your device is not Motorola Moto G5S Plus, then you should stop following these steps immediately.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader to gain complete root access. You can find more details about Moto G5S Plus bootloader unlocking below.
- USB drivers: If you need to connect your Moto G5S Plus to PC or laptop as the part of this tutorial, then you should first install Motorola USB drivers on your system.
- USB debugging: To establish a stable connection between Motorola Moto G5S Plus and PC/Laptop, you need to enable USB debugging on Moto G5S Plus. Check our guide to enable USB debugging on Moto G5S Plus.
- Backup: Rooting Motorola Moto G5S Plus sometimes delete entire data from the device and recovering them is a big process. It is recommended to backup entire Moto G5S Plus data before you follow these steps.
- Check battery: Rooting process may take 5-20 minutes and you should maintain enough battery backup before starting the process. Battery drains quickly than normal while you follow below steps and it is advised to charge up to 60% before getting started.
DisclaimerRooting your Moto G5S Plus is not a simple and official process. You need to do it with caution. Any small mistake may hard brick your device and makes it useless. Please try to root Moto G5S Plus at your own risk. Either Interest Waypoint team, device manufactures or developers are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your Moto G5S Plus. You need to understand this article is just for educational purpose and you're doing it at your own risk.
Steps to Root Moto G5S Plus
- Copy the downloaded no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip and Magisk.v-14.0 files into Phone/Sd Card memory on your Moto G5s Plus mobile and Turn Off it for few seconds.
- Turn On your mobile and enter into custom recovery mode. If you don’t know how to enter custom recovery mode follow this steps. “Press the Up Volume + Home + Power buttons at a time until you see the recovery mode.”
- It displays a bootloader screen, select recovery from that screen.
- You will not allow modifications so cancel it by swiping Allow Modifications in TWRP recovery.
- Go back to TWRP Main Menu, select Reboot and then Recovery. for rebooting Recovery Mode. (Please Don’t INSTALL TWRP APP).
- Here you allow some modifications, allow it by swiping Allow Modifications.
- Go to Install and find “no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip” swipe it to install.
- Again go back to TWRP Main Menu, select Reboot and then SYSTEM for rebooting into Normal Mode. (Here also Don’t INSTALL TWRP APP).
- Now you have to wait for Normal Boot if it is completed then Turn On your device into Recovery Mode.
Steps to Root Moto G5s Plus using Magisk
- Turn Off your mobile for few seconds and again.
- Turn On your mobile and enter into custom recovery mode. If you don’t know about entering into this mode follow this steps. “Press the Volume Up Button + Home Button + Power buttons at a time until you see the recovery mode.”
- Now you see a bootloader screen, select recovery from that screen.
- You have to allow some modifications, allow it by swiping Allow Modifications.
- Go back to TWRP Main Menu select Reboot and then Recovery for rebooting Recovery Mode. (Please Don’t INSTALL TWRP APP).
- Go to Install and find “Magisk-v14.0.zip” swipe it to install.
- Again back to TWRP Main Menu go to Reboot then, select SYSTEM for normal mode rebooting. (Here also Don’t INSTALL TWRP APP).
- After completion of normal mode rebooting open Magisk App and then update it.
- Open Magisk App and start enjoying.
Check Root Status of Moto G5s PlusSo, you have finally rooted your Moto G5s Plus successfully. But wait! Did it actually enable root access and everything went well? Even though you didn't face any errors while rooting process, it doesn't mean you did it right. Don't worry, we can simply test the root access on Moto G5s Plus by installing any root checker applications. You can try this app from Playstore and verify the root access. If that app shows no root access, then you might have done something wrong. Try this entire process again to root Moto G5s Plus.
Conclusion for rooting Moto G5s Plus
We're done! Hope this guide helped you to root Moto G5s Plus without any errors. In case if you encounter any problems while following our guide, leave a comment below and we'll respond with a possible solution as soon as possible. Keep visiting for more updates on Moto G5s Plus.