Xiaomi, (Chinese Apple) is one of the leading smartphones all over the globe because of its latest specifications and an affordable price. Xiaomi keeps on released its MI series, Redmi Note 4 is one of the best models in those series. Some users of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 are aware of its Android Nougat beta version. If you are one of them and want to install some custom firmwares you must root your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 with TWRP recovery. If you want to root your mobile you have to install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
TWRP is one of the best custom recoveries for any Android mobiles. By using this we can install some custom firmwares. But there is a problem on the void guarantee. Even though you want to install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 please do verify some prerequisites given below.
PrerequisitesBefore you start the procedure of installing TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note, you must follow below-mentioned prerequisites to stay on safe side. Carefully read these conditions before you start installing custom recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 2.
- Check device model: This article is written purely for Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 only. You should not follow these steps on any other devices. If your device is not Xiaomi Redmi Note 2, then you should stop following these steps immediately.
- Root access: Before installing TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 2, you must root your device. You can find more details on how to root Xiaomi Redmi Note below.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader after rooting and installing a TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note. You can find more details about Xiaomi Redmi Note bootloader unlocking below.
- USB drivers: If you need to connect your Xiaomi Redmi Note to PC or laptop as the part of this tutorial, then you should first install %device_company% USB drivers on your system.
- USB debugging: To establish a stable connection between Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 and PC/Laptop, you need to enable USB debugging on Xiaomi Redmi Note. Check our guide to enable USB debugging on Xiaomi Redmi Note.
- Backup: Installing TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 will delete entire data from the device and recovering them is a big process. It is recommended to backup entire Xiaomi Redmi Note data before you follow these steps.
- Check battery: The process of installing custom recovery may take 5-20 minutes and you should maintain enough battery backup before starting the process. Battery drains quickly than normal while you follow below steps and it is advised to charge up to 60% before getting started.
- Universal ADB drivers.
- TWRP Recovery.img
- 15 Seconds ADB installer 1.4.3 (Latest version)
- 15 Seconds ADB installer 1.3 (Older version)
DisclaimerInstalling TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 is not a simple and official process. You need to do it with caution. Any small mistake may hard brick your device and makes it useless. Please try this custom recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 at your own risk. Either Interest Waypoint team, device manufactures or developers are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your Xiaomi Redmi Note 2. You need to understand this article is just for educational purpose and you're doing it at your own risk.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Step 1. Download your device model TWRP recovery from the downloads section.
Step 2. Now you have to install Fastboot Drivers and ADB on your Computer. If you don’t know how to install ADB and Fastboot with Drivers follow below steps.
Install ADB and Fastboot with Drivers
- Download ADB installer (Latest version) from the downloads section. If it won’t work then try the older version.
- Now install your 15 Seconds ADB installer 1.4.3
- Type y and press enter for installing ADB and Fastboot drivers.
- Again type y and press enter for making ADB system-wide.
- Again type y and press enter for installing drivers.
If the above setup process will be done your ADB and Fastboot drivers were installed successfully. Now you can continue our next steps.
Step 4. Now open the TWRP Recovery file from the downloaded folder.
Step 5. Open Command Window by pressing Shift Button and Clicking Mouse Right on empty space on your PC. Now click on Open command window here.
Step 6. By using a USB cable connect your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 to your PC and type this command
ADB REBOOT BOOTLOADER
Step 7. To start flashing TWRP Recovery in Redmi Note 4 now type this
FASTBOOT FLASH RECOVERY TWRP.IMG command and rename TWRP recovery.img file as twrp.img
Step 8. If TWRP Recovery flashing is done successfully, you can reboot your Redmi Note 4 by using this command
Conclusion for installing TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 2
Hope you followed this guide properly and successfully installed TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 2. In case if you find any issues while following this tutorial, leave a comment below and we'll respond with a possible solution. Don't stop here, start installing custom ROM's to see the real charm of Xiaomi Redmi Note 2. Keep visiting our website for more tutorials on Xiaomi Redmi Note 2.