Samsung keeps on releases its Galaxy Note series, due to this reason it stops updates to Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100. If you’re a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 user and feels bored with the current firmware you can install Android 7.1.2 Nougat XenonHD on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 and enjoy the latest features from it.
XenonHD ROM is based on CyanogenMod 14.1 and released for various Android devices with some additional features like battery life, performance and gives a new feel of blazing fast, rock stable and buttery smooth to users. Please do verify some prerequisites if you are ready to install Android 7.1.2 Nougat XenonHD on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
PrerequisitesBefore you start the procedure of installing Android 7.1.2 Nougat XenonHD on Samsung Galaxy Note, you must follow below-mentioned prerequisites to stay on safe side. Carefully read these conditions before you start installing Android 7.1.2 Nougat XenonHD on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
- Check device model: This article is written purely for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 only. You should not follow these steps on any other devices. If your device is not Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100, then you should stop following these steps immediately.
- Root access: Before installing Android 7.1.2 Nougat XenonHD on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100, you must root your device. You can find more details on how to root Samsung Galaxy Note below.
- Custom Recovery: After rooting Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100, you should also install any custom recovery like CWM, TWRP etc. You can find more details about how to install a custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note below.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader after rooting and installing a custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note. You can find more details about Samsung Galaxy Note bootloader unlocking below.
- USB drivers: If you need to connect your Samsung Galaxy Note to PC or laptop as the part of this tutorial, then you should first install Samsung USB drivers on your system.
- USB debugging: To establish a stable connection between Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 and PC/Laptop, you need to enable USB debugging on Samsung Galaxy Note. Check our guide to enable USB debugging on Samsung Galaxy Note.
- Backup: Installing Android 7.1.2 Nougat XenonHD on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 will delete entire data from the device and recovering them is a big process. It is recommended to backup entire Samsung Galaxy Note data before you follow these steps.
- Check battery: The process of installing custom recovery may take 5-20 minutes and you should maintain enough battery backup before starting the process. Battery drains quickly than normal while you follow below steps and it is advised to charge up to 60% before getting started.
DisclaimerInstalling custom ROM's on Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 is not a simple and official process. You need to do it with caution. Any small mistake may hard brick your device and makes it useless. Please try this custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 at your own risk. Either Interest Waypoint team, device manufactures or developers are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100. You need to understand this article is just for educational purpose and you're doing it at your own risk.
Steps to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat XenonHD on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to your PC and transfer the downloaded Android 7.1.2 Nougat XenonHD and GoogleApps packages to phone/Sd card memory.
- If files are transferred disconnect your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 from PC and Turn Off your Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
- Now enter custom recovery mode on your device. If you don’t know how to enter into this mode follow this steps. “Press the Volume Up + Home Button + Power Buttons at a time until you see the recovery mode.”
- In this custom recovery mode, you can see a list of options which they are not visible previously in Stock recovery. Find and select wipe data/factory reset by using volume buttons because in recovery mode touch may not works properly.
- Select wipe cache partition for performing data wipe.
- If the cache partition is completed, now enter advanced options and select wipe dalvik cache.
- If the above mentioned steps are properly done, now you can able to flash the firmware package by selecting install zip from phone/sd card, find and choose your Android 7.1.2 Nougat XenonHD package which you just copied before.
- Now confirm the installation and please do not interrupt any process while installing.
- If this process is completed, do the 9th step again for GoogleApps package.
- If packages are installed successfully, click on the reboot system now option.
Check Root Status of Samung Galaxy Note 2So, you have finally rooted your Samung Galaxy Note 2 successfully. But wait! Did it actually enable root access and everything went well? Even though you didn't face any errors while rooting process, it doesn't mean you did it right. Don't worry, we can simply test the root access on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 by installing any root checker applications. You can try this app from Playstore and verify the root access. If that app shows no root access, then you might have done something wrong. Try this entire process again to root Samung Galaxy Note 2.
Conclusion for installing Android 7.1.2 Nougat XenonHD on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100
That's all guys. This is how you can install Android 7.1.2 Nougat XenonHD on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 easily. In case if you encounter any issues while installing Android 7.1.2 Nougat XenonHD, leave a comment below and we'll respond with a possible fix as soon as possible. Keep visiting our website for more interesting ROM's for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100.