WhatsApp has made our lives much easier by connecting us to our loved one’s. WhatsApp is one of the top rated and most used application on all OS: Android, Windows OS, iOS etc. Though you have enough knowledge on what WhatsApp actually does & how to use it, you might not be knowing on the process: “How to use two WhatsApp accounts on a single mobile”. If you ever wanted to use two WhatsApp accounts on a single mobile, then this guide here helps you do that.
Normally, even if you use a dual SIM smartphone, you can only use one WhatsApp account in it. Using two WhatsApp accounts on a single mobile has been made possible in the recent times. Now, you can use two WhatsApp accounts on a single mobile, though it is not a dual SIM mobile phone. Yes, you heard it right..! You do not need a dual SIM smartphone to use two WhatsApp accounts. You just need two working SIM’s for the sake of getting a confirmation message from WhatsApp. After that, it doesn’t really matter if both the SIM cards are active.
Process To Use Two WhatsApp Accounts On A Single Mobile
It is now possible to use two WhatsApp accounts on a single mobile easily. Fortunately, the process to make this happen is very simple and everyone can do it on their own. Let’s get started with the process of installing two WhatsApp accounts on a single mobile.
- Back up your conversations (in case you might need it later). To back up, follow the path: Settings->Chat Settings->Backup Conversations.
- Since you are already using WhatsApp on your mobile, clear the entire WhatsApp data on your phone. To do this, follow the path: Settings->Apps->WhatsApp->Clear Data.
- After the above two steps, the real process starts. To start it, you need to have File Manager on your phone for sure. Some models do not come with an inbuilt File Manager app. If your phone doesn’t have, install it from Play Store.
- Once you have successfully installed File Manager on your smartphone, open it and you can find a folder by name WhatsApp. You’ll have to rename it to OGWhatsApp. While renaming the folder, make sure you follow the case sensitivity as mentioned here.
- After renaming, exit from File Manager and uninstall WhatsApp from your mobile.
- Download OGWhatsApp apk and install it on your smartphone. Make sure you Check “Unknown Sources” option to install it.
- After installation, open it and enter the details of your previous account. The WhatsApp account you’ve deleted while starting this process and the details you enter now must be same i.e; the number must be same.
- Then you get a confirmation message and after you enter it, you can see all your chat conversations which you have stored a backup at the beginning.
- Now, you need to install second WhatsApp on your smartphone. For this, download WhatsApp from Play Store: the way you install normally.
- Once installed, enter a new number (second WhatsApp account) and click on Next. You’ll get a confirmation message to the SIM and once you enter the digits and press Finish, your second WhatsApp account will be ready to be used.
Also read: [How To] Install WhatsApp On PC
By following the above procedure, you can easily use two WhatsApp accounts on a single mobile. This feature will be of a great help for those who doesn’t like to mix up conversations between colleagues, friends & family. You can give separate number to your colleagues and separate number for your friends & family. I hope you like this feature and give it a try. Let me know if you face any issues while installing two WhatsApp accounts on your smartphone. Will get back to you as early as possible. If you like our work, take a minute to Subscribe To Interest Waypoint. Thank You 🙂