Xiaomi, (Chinese Apple) is one of the leading smartphones all over the globe because of its latest specifications and an affordable price. Xiaomi keeps on released its MI series, Redmi Note 4 is one of the best models in those series. Some users of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 are aware of its Android Nougat beta version. If you are one of them and want to install some custom firmwares you have to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 with TWRP recovery.
Rooting helps you to install custom ROM’s, Kernels and customizes your mobile into your own style. It also boosts the performance of your device and improves your battery life. If you are willing to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 please do verify some prerequisites given below.
PrerequisitesBefore you start the procedure to root Xiaomi Redmi Note, you must follow below-mentioned prerequisites to stay on safe side. Carefully read these conditions before proceeding to root Xiaomi Redmi Note.
- Check device model: This article is written purely for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 only. You should not follow these steps on any other devices. If your device is not Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, then you should stop following these steps immediately.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader to gain complete root access. You can find more details about Xiaomi Redmi Note bootloader unlocking below.
- USB drivers: If you need to connect your Xiaomi Redmi Note to PC or laptop as the part of this tutorial, then you should first install Xiaomi USB drivers on your system.
- USB debugging: To establish a stable connection between Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and PC/Laptop, you need to enable USB debugging on Xiaomi Redmi Note. Check our guide to enable USB debugging on Xiaomi Redmi Note.
- Backup: Rooting Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 sometimes delete entire data from the device and recovering them is a big process. It is recommended to backup entire Xiaomi Redmi Note data before you follow these steps.
- Check battery: Rooting process may take 5-20 minutes and you should maintain enough battery backup before starting the process. Battery drains quickly than normal while you follow below steps and it is advised to charge up to 60% before getting started.
Must Follow Steps
- Check whether your device bootloader is unlocked or not, if not try to unlock it.
- If you don’t know how to unlock bootloader go through our article Guide to unlock bootloader Xiaomi Note 4
DisclaimerRooting your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is not a simple and official process. You need to do it with caution. Any small mistake may hard brick your device and makes it useless. Please try to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 at your own risk. Either Interest Waypoint team, device manufactures or developers are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. You need to understand this article is just for educational purpose and you're doing it at your own risk.
Steps to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
- Connect your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 to your PC and copy the downloaded SuperSu.zip package to phone/Sd card memory.
- If files are copied disconnect your Redmi Note 4 from PC and Turn Off your Redmi Note 4.
- Now enter into the twrp recovery mode in your device. If you don’t know about entering into this mode follow this steps. “Press the Volume Up + Home Button + Power Button at a time until you see the recovery mode.” “Note: Kindly skip this step, if your custom ROM doesn’t require a factory reset.”
- In this twrp recovery mode, you can see a list of options which they are not visible previously in Stock recovery. Find and select wipe by using volume buttons because in recovery mode touch may not work properly.
- Select wipe cache partition for performing data wipe.
- If the cache partition is completed, now enter advanced options and dalvik cache, data and move arrow mark from left to right for wipe(in simply swiping).
- If the above-mentioned steps are properly done, now you can able to flash the firmware package by selecting install zip from phone/sd card, find and choose your SuperSU.zip package which you just copied before.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swipe to Confirm flash and please do not interrupt any process while installing.
- If the package is installed successfully, click on the reboot system now option.
Check Root Status of Xiaomi RedmiSo, you have finally rooted your Xiaomi Redmi successfully. But wait! Did it actually enable root access and everything went well? Even though you didn't face any errors while rooting process, it doesn't mean you did it right. Don't worry, we can simply test the root access on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 by installing any root checker applications. You can try this app from Playstore and verify the root access. If that app shows no root access, then you might have done something wrong. Try this entire process again to root Xiaomi Redmi.
Conclusion for rooting Xiaomi Redmi
We're done! Hope this guide helped you to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 without any errors. In case if you encounter any problems while following our guide, leave a comment below and we'll respond with a possible solution as soon as possible. Keep visiting for more updates on Xiaomi Redmi.