With the release of Windows 8, many have migrated to this operating system due to various reasons. Consider, you are one who purchased a new laptop or a PC that has W8 genuine version of OS. But, when you switch it on for the first time, you will find the total hard disk space at one place in Localdisk c. But, many find it very uncomfortable to access and store all the data in one place. In this article, I give you the clear steps on how to partition hard drive in windows 8. And, suppose you ask the customer executive to take care of it and partition the disks into 3(say), his answer would be, “It will cost around 500/- sir. We will partition the drives and install few necessary softwares and decent number of games” ( Never fall prey to those words, as they don’t give anything good and useful).You can save your 500 and can partition the space into the number of drives you want. The below steps are to be followed for HDD partition by allowing each partition your selected space.
WINDOWS 8 DISK PARTITION
- In the search bar, type “cmd” or “command prompt” and right click on it. You will find an option displayed as “Run as Administrator”. Click on it.
- In the console, enter the command as “diskmgmt.msc” and press enter.
- A dialog box will be will be appeared by name “Disk Management.”
- If you have only one partitioned drive, (say C drive), right click on it and press “shrink volume” option.
- Then you get a dialog box where you have to enter your required size to shrink it. ( Suppose your hard disk is of 750GB and all in C drive and you want allocate just 200GB to C drive, enter the volume in KB’s and save it.)
- The above process makes your C drive volume shrink and the remaining space will be in one more drive.
- Follow the same process for it until all the memory space is given as for your wish and save it.
- Now you can see your partitioned drives in your File Explorer.
By the above mentioned process, you can create number of partitions based on your HDD capacity.