Assuming that you are using OnePlus One smart phone, I would like to ask, how the experience with the phone is.! I’m using OnePlus One after my Micromax Canvas 4 A210 and it’s been great so far. I am loving OnePlus One to every bit for its performance and of course, I personally am in love with the Cyanogen Mod 12.1 on top of Android Lollipop 5.1 interface. However, if you’re either bored or wanted to try some other custom ROM on OnePlus One, you have landed at the right place. Today, I will tell you on “How to install MIUI 7 Custom ROM on OnePlus One.” I have been a great fan for MIUI from the day I tried it on my Micromax Canvas 4 A210. If you’re using Micromax Canvas A210, check out this guide to install MIUI Custom ROM on Canvas 4 A210.
Xiaomi has released MIUI 7 for its smart phones for quite some time and fortunately, we have it for OnePlus One. As I have already discussed on “How to Install Oxygen OS on OnePlus One”, now I guess it’s time to share with you, the process of installing MIUI 7 Custom ROM on OnePlus One.
Highlights Of MIUI 7 Custom ROM For OnePlus One
Before actually getting into the process to install MIUI Custom ROM on OnePlus One, take a look at the highlights of MIUI 7. You’ll definitely be interested to know a few of them.
- Make sure that there’s 50% or more battery power available before you start the process.
- We do not take any blame in case if your device is bricked. You should continue at your own risk.
Requisites To Flash MIUI 7 Custom ROM On OnePlus One
Following are the requisites to flash MIUI 7 custom ROM on OnePlus One.
- OnePlus One smart phone with above 50% battery juice.
- USB Cable.
- PC or Laptop.
- Required Files (Download from the links provided below).
Steps To Install MIUI 7 Custom ROM on OnePlus One
To not brag more on this, I’ll directly get into the main topic of ours today.
There are just 4 steps you need to follow, to install MIUI 7 Custom ROM on OnePlus One. Download the files below.
- Unlock Bootloader Download ADB & FastBoot Drivers
- Install Custom Recovery Download TWRP Recovery
- Root OnePlus One Download SuperSU ZIP File
- Flash MIUI 7 Custom ROM Download MIUI 7 Custom ROM ZIP File
In the previous article which discusses on installing Oxygen OS on OnePlus One, I have mentioned with detailed steps on Unlocking Bootloader, installing custom recovery and Rooting OnePlus One. You can simply follow those steps in order to get your device ready to be flashed with MIUI 7 Custom ROM.
I am assuming that you have already done first three steps. The below steps are for those who already did the above mentioned three steps.
Here, they are:
- After your device is rooted, save the already downloaded MIUI 7 ZIP file to your device.
- Now, turn off your phone and then restart to enter into the boot screen by holding power button & Volume Down buttons together. Hold them till you enter into the Bootloader/Fastboot.
- As you will see the recovery screen, select “Install .zip from storage.”
- Select the ZIP file you have saved to your device and select it by pressing power button.
- Select “Yes” from the options.
- It’ll take few minutes to install the custom ROM.
The phone will then reboot and you can see all new MIUI 7 on your OnePlus One.
It is as simple as that, to install MIUI 7 on OnePlus One. Once you have successfully managed to install MIUI 7 Custom ROM on OnePlus One, let us know how you liked it. Also do let us know if there are any problems with the procedure, in the comment section below. We’ll try to solve them. Thank You.