Samsung releases Android Nougat to its flagship Galaxy S7, Galaxy S6, and some Galaxy Note II series. Samsung doesn’t provide this update to Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4. But you can able to update your Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G900R4 to Android Nougat by installing some custom ROM’s like Lineage OS. Go through this article you’ll get a clarity about how to install Lineage OS on US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4.
Lineage OS is one of the new fork of CyanogenMod. It contains various open sourced hardware-specific codes and can be used without installing any Google application. If you are ready to continue, verify some prerequisites before you install Lineage OS Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4 (US Cellular).
PrerequisitesBefore you start the procedure of installing Lineage OS on Samsung Galaxy S5, you must follow below-mentioned prerequisites to stay on safe side. Carefully read these conditions before you start installing Lineage OS on Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4.
- Check device model: This article is written purely for Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4 only. You should not follow these steps on any other devices. If your device is not Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4, then you should stop following these steps immediately.
- Root access: Before installing Lineage OS on Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4, you must root your device. You can find more details on how to root Samsung Galaxy S5 below.
- Custom Recovery: After rooting Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4, you should also install any custom recovery like CWM, TWRP etc. You can find more details about how to install a custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy S5 below.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader after rooting and installing a custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy S5. You can find more details about Samsung Galaxy S5 bootloader unlocking below.
- USB drivers: If you need to connect your Samsung Galaxy S5 to PC or laptop as the part of this tutorial, then you should first install Samsung USB drivers on your system.
- USB debugging: To establish a stable connection between Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4 and PC/Laptop, you need to enable USB debugging on Samsung Galaxy S5. Check our guide to enable USB debugging on Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Backup: Installing Lineage OS on Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4 will delete entire data from the device and recovering them is a big process. It is recommended to backup entire Samsung Galaxy S5 data before you follow these steps.
- Check battery: The process of installing custom recovery may take 5-20 minutes and you should maintain enough battery backup before starting the process. Battery drains quickly than normal while you follow below steps and it is advised to charge up to 60% before getting started.
- Samsung USB drivers.
- Download GoogleApps for Lineage OS 7.1.1
- Download Lineage os 14.1 for US Cellular Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4 (Klteusc).
Must Follow Steps
- To install this Lineage OS, you must root Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4. If you don’t know how to follow our article Guide to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4.
DisclaimerInstalling custom ROM's on Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4 is not a simple and official process. You need to do it with caution. Any small mistake may hard brick your device and makes it useless. Please try this custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4 at your own risk. Either Interest Waypoint team, device manufactures or developers are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4. You need to understand this article is just for educational purpose and you're doing it at your own risk.
Steps to Install Lineage OS on US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4 to your PC and copy the downloaded Jedi-X20 packages to phone/Sd card memory.
- If files are copied disconnect your Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4 from PC and Turn Off your Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4.
- Now enter into the twrp recovery mode in your device. If you don’t know about entering into this mode follow this steps. “Press the Volume Up + Home Button + Power Button at a time until you see the recovery mode.” “Note: Kindly skip this step, if your custom ROM doesn’t require a factory reset.”
- In this twrp recovery mode, you can see a list of options which they are not visible previously in Stock recovery. Find and select wipe by using volume buttons because in recovery mode touch may not work properly.
- Select wipe cache partition for performing data wipe.
- If the cache partition is completed, now enter advanced options and dalvik cache, data and move arrow mark from left to right for wipe(in simply swiping).
- If the above-mentioned steps are properly done, now you can able to flash the firmware package by selecting install zip from phone/sd card, find and choose your Lineage OS .zip package which you just copied before.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swipe to Confirm flash and please do not interrupt any process while installing.
- If this process is completed, do the 7th step again for GoogleApps package.
- If packages are installed successfully, click on the reboot system now option.
Check Root Status of Samsung Galaxy S5So, you have finally rooted your Samsung Galaxy S5 successfully. But wait! Did it actually enable root access and everything went well? Even though you didn't face any errors while rooting process, it doesn't mean you did it right. Don't worry, we can simply test the root access on Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4 by installing any root checker applications. You can try this app from Playstore and verify the root access. If that app shows no root access, then you might have done something wrong. Try this entire process again to root Samsung Galaxy S5.
Conclusion for rooting Samsung Galaxy S5
We're done! Hope this guide helped you to root Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4 without any errors. In case if you encounter any problems while following our guide, leave a comment below and we'll respond with a possible solution as soon as possible. Keep visiting for more updates on Samsung Galaxy S5.