Samsung releases Lineage OS to Samsung Galaxy S II after releasing its 4G LTE version and codenamed as Celox. If users of Samsung Galaxy S II (Celox) wants to install Lineage OS go through this article you’ll get a clarity about how to install Lineage OS on Samsung Galaxy S II (Celox).
Lineage OS is one of the new fork of CyanogenMod. It is based on Android open source project and contains various open sourced hardware-specific codes and can be used without installing any Google application. If you are ready to continue, verify some prerequisites before you install Lineage OS on Samsung Galaxy S II (Celox) running Android Nougat 7.1.1.
PrerequisitesBefore you start the procedure of installing Lineage OS on Samsung Galaxy S II, you must follow below-mentioned prerequisites to stay on safe side. Carefully read these conditions before you start installing Lineage OS on Samsung Galaxy S II (Celox).
- Check device model: This article is written purely for Samsung Galaxy S II (Celox) only. You should not follow these steps on any other devices. If your device is not Samsung Galaxy S II (Celox), then you should stop following these steps immediately.
- Root access: Before installing Lineage OS on Samsung Galaxy S II (Celox), you must root your device. You can find more details on how to root Samsung Galaxy S II below.
- Custom Recovery: After rooting Samsung Galaxy S II (Celox), you should also install any custom recovery like CWM, TWRP etc. You can find more details about how to install a custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy S II below.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader after rooting and installing a custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy S II. You can find more details about Samsung Galaxy S II bootloader unlocking below.
- USB drivers: If you need to connect your Samsung Galaxy S II to PC or laptop as the part of this tutorial, then you should first install Samsung USB drivers on your system.
- USB debugging: To establish a stable connection between Samsung Galaxy S II (Celox) and PC/Laptop, you need to enable USB debugging on Samsung Galaxy S II. Check our guide to enable USB debugging on Samsung Galaxy S II.
- Backup: Installing Lineage OS on Samsung Galaxy S II (Celox) will delete entire data from the device and recovering them is a big process. It is recommended to backup entire Samsung Galaxy S II data before you follow these steps.
- Check battery: The process of installing custom recovery may take 5-20 minutes and you should maintain enough battery backup before starting the process. Battery drains quickly than normal while you follow below steps and it is advised to charge up to 60% before getting started.
- Samsung USB drivers.
- Download GoogleApps for Lineage OS 7.1.1
- Download of Lineage 14.1 for Samsung Celox
Must Follow Steps
- To install this Lineage OS, you must root Samsung Galaxy S II (Celox). If you don’t know how to follow our article Guide to Root Samsung Galaxy S II (Celox).
DisclaimerInstalling custom ROM's on Samsung Galaxy S II (Celox) is not a simple and official process. You need to do it with caution. Any small mistake may hard brick your device and makes it useless. Please try this custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S II (Celox) at your own risk. Either Interest Waypoint team, device manufactures or developers are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your Samsung Galaxy S II (Celox). You need to understand this article is just for educational purpose and you're doing it at your own risk.
Steps to Install Lineage OS on Samsung Galaxy S II (Celox)
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S II (Celox) to your PC and copy the downloaded Jedi-X20 packages to phone/Sd card memory.
- If files are copied disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S II (Celox) from PC and Turn Off your Samsung Galaxy S II (Celox).
- Now enter into the twrp recovery mode in your device. If you don’t know about entering into this mode follow this steps. “Press the Volume Up + Home Button + Power Button at a time until you see the recovery mode.” “Note: Kindly skip this step, if your custom ROM doesn’t require a factory reset.”
- In this twrp recovery mode, you can see a list of options which they are not visible previously in Stock recovery. Find and select wipe by using volume buttons because in recovery mode touch may not work properly.
- Select wipe cache partition for performing data wipe.
- If the cache partition is completed, now enter advanced options and dalvik cache, data and move arrow mark from left to right for the wipe (in simply swiping).
- If the above-mentioned steps are properly done, now you can able to flash the firmware package by selecting install zip from phone/sd card, find and choose your ALineage OS .zip package which you just copied before.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swipe to Confirm flash and please do not interrupt any process while installing.
- If this process is completed, do the 7th step again for GoogleApps package.
- If packages are installed successfully, click on the reboot system now option.
Check Root Status of Samsung Galaxy S IISo, you have finally rooted your Samsung Galaxy S II successfully. But wait! Did it actually enable root access and everything went well? Even though you didn't face any errors while rooting process, it doesn't mean you did it right. Don't worry, we can simply test the root access on Samsung Galaxy S II (Celox) by installing any root checker applications. You can try this app from Playstore and verify the root access. If that app shows no root access, then you might have done something wrong. Try this entire process again to root Samsung Galaxy S II.
Conclusion for installing Lineage OS on Samsung Galaxy S II (Celox)
That's all guys. This is how you can install Lineage OS on Samsung Galaxy S II (Celox) easily. In case if you encounter any issues while installing Lineage OS, leave a comment below and we'll respond with a possible fix as soon as possible. Keep visiting our website for more interesting ROM's for Samsung Galaxy S II (Celox).