Samsung keeps on releases its Galaxy Note series, due to this it stops updates to Samsung Galaxy Note 2. If you’re a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 user and feels bored with the current firmware you can install AROMA Jedi-X20 on T Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and enjoy the latest features from it.
Jedi-X20 ROM is an official 4.1.2 update from Samsung. This ROM maintains high level customization through ROM settings and AROMA integration and also spans over a lot of Note 2 variants including the T-Mobile Note 2. By using this ROM you can remove both Samsung Bloat and unwanted pre-installed apps. Please do verify some prerequisites if you are ready to install AROMA Jedi-X20 on T Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
Latest features of AROMA Jedi-X20 ROM
- This ROM has a key feature of Per-App DPI, also slimmed down when compared with original Samsung update.
- It supports Multi Window feature for all Apps.
- It also supports Custom Boot Animations and removed Power ON/OFF Audio.
- It improves Battery tweaks, Network Speed tweaks and Performance tweaks also.
- A slightly modifications on Framework and Floating Notifications.
PrerequisitesBefore you start the procedure of installing AROMA Jedi-X20 on Samsung Galaxy Note II, you must follow below-mentioned prerequisites to stay on safe side. Carefully read these conditions before you start installing AROMA Jedi-X20 on Samsung Galaxy Note II.
- Check device model: This article is written purely for Samsung Galaxy Note II only. You should not follow these steps on any other devices. If your device is not Samsung Galaxy Note II, then you should stop following these steps immediately.
- Root access: Before installing AROMA Jedi-X20 on Samsung Galaxy Note II, you must root your device. You can find more details on how to root Samsung Galaxy Note II below.
- Custom Recovery: After rooting Samsung Galaxy Note II, you should also install any custom recovery like CWM, TWRP etc. You can find more details about how to install a custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note II below.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader after rooting and installing a custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note II. You can find more details about Samsung Galaxy Note II bootloader unlocking below.
- USB drivers: If you need to connect your Samsung Galaxy Note II to PC or laptop as the part of this tutorial, then you should first install Samsung USB drivers on your system.
- USB debugging: To establish a stable connection between Samsung Galaxy Note II and PC/Laptop, you need to enable USB debugging on Samsung Galaxy Note II. Check our guide to enable USB debugging on Samsung Galaxy Note II.
- Backup: Installing AROMA Jedi-X20 on Samsung Galaxy Note II will delete entire data from the device and recovering them is a big process. It is recommended to backup entire Samsung Galaxy Note II data before you follow these steps.
- Check battery: The process of installing custom recovery may take 5-20 minutes and you should maintain enough battery backup before starting the process. Battery drains quickly than normal while you follow below steps and it is advised to charge up to 60% before getting started.
DisclaimerInstalling custom ROM's on Samsung Galaxy Note II is not a simple and official process. You need to do it with caution. Any small mistake may hard brick your device and makes it useless. Please try this custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note II at your own risk. Either Interest Waypoint team, device manufactures or developers are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your Samsung Galaxy Note II. You need to understand this article is just for educational purpose and you're doing it at your own risk.
Steps to Install AROMA Jedi-X20 ROM on T Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note II
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to your PC and copy the downloaded Jedi-X20 packages to phone/Sd card memory.
- If files are copied disconnect your Galaxy Note 2 from PC and Turn Off your Galaxy Note 2.
- Now enter into the custom recovery mode in your device. If you don’t know about entering into this mode follow this steps. “Press the Volume Up + Home Button + Power Button at a time until you see the recovery mode.”
- In this custom recovery mode, you can see a list of options which they are not visible previously in Stock recovery. Find and select wipe data/factory reset by using volume buttons because in recovery mode touch may not works properly.
- Select wipe cache partition for performing data wipe.
- If the cache partition is completed, now enter advanced options and select wipe dalvik cache.
- If the above mentioned steps are properly done, now you can able to flash the firmware package by selecting install zip from phone/sd card memory, find and choose your AROMA Jedi-X20 package which you just copied before.
- Do not interrupt any process while installing.
Check Root Status of Samsung Galaxy NoteSo, you have finally rooted your Samsung Galaxy Note successfully. But wait! Did it actually enable root access and everything went well? Even though you didn't face any errors while rooting process, it doesn't mean you did it right. Don't worry, we can simply test the root access on Samsung Galaxy Note II by installing any root checker applications. You can try this app from Playstore and verify the root access. If that app shows no root access, then you might have done something wrong. Try this entire process again to root Samsung Galaxy Note.
Conclusion for installing AROMA Jedi-X20 on Samsung Galaxy Note II
That's all guys. This is how you can install AROMA Jedi-X20 on Samsung Galaxy Note II easily. In case if you encounter any issues while installing AROMA Jedi-X20, leave a comment below and we'll respond with a possible fix as soon as possible. Keep visiting our website for more interesting ROM's for Samsung Galaxy Note II.