Samsung releases Android Nougat to its flagship Galaxy S7, Galaxy S6, and some Galaxy Note II series. Samsung doesn’t provide this update to Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G900R4. However, Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G900R4 users can able to update their device into Android Nougat by installing some custom ROM’s. For this, installation you need to root Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4(US Cellular). Rooting helps you to install custom ROM’s, Kernels and customizes your mobile into your own style. It also boosts the performance of your device and improves your battery life.
CF-AutoRoot(Klteusc) is one of the best flashing firmware software for any Samsung Android device from the custom firmware developers. It also keeps your mobile safe and secure. If you are willing to root US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4 verify some prerequisites shown below.
PrerequisitesBefore you start the procedure to root Samsung Galaxy S8, you must follow below-mentioned prerequisites to stay on safe side. Carefully read these conditions before proceeding to root Samsung Galaxy S8.
- Check device model: This article is written purely for Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4. only. You should not follow these steps on any other devices. If your device is not Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4., then you should stop following these steps immediately.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader to gain complete root access. You can find more details about Samsung Galaxy S8 bootloader unlocking below.
- USB drivers: If you need to connect your Samsung Galaxy S8 to PC or laptop as the part of this tutorial, then you should first install Samsung USB drivers on your system.
- USB debugging: To establish a stable connection between Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4. and PC/Laptop, you need to enable USB debugging on Samsung Galaxy S8. Check our guide to enable USB debugging on Samsung Galaxy S8.
- Backup: Rooting Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4. sometimes delete entire data from the device and recovering them is a big process. It is recommended to backup entire Samsung Galaxy S8 data before you follow these steps.
- Check battery: Rooting process may take 5-20 minutes and you should maintain enough battery backup before starting the process. Battery drains quickly than normal while you follow below steps and it is advised to charge up to 60% before getting started.
DisclaimerRooting your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4 is not a simple and official process. You need to do it with caution. Any small mistake may hard brick your device and makes it useless. Please try to root Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4 at your own risk. Either Interest Waypoint team, device manufactures or developers are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4. You need to understand this article is just for educational purpose and you're doing it at your own risk.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4
- Extract your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4 CF-AutoRoot, you will get a file name of .tar.md5
- Extract Odin 3.07.zip and run Odin3 v3.07 as administrator.
- Turn Off your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4 device, and wait for few seconds.
- Hold down the Volume Down button + Home Button then press Power Button for 5 seconds, you’ll get a warning screen.
- Press Volume up to continue.
- Already you have your device-related drivers (which you just installed from downloads section) and Odin 3.07 program, so just open Odin program, your screen will display an ID: COM in yellow color with a random number in it.
- Click on PDA under Files [Download] and find the CF-AutoRoot_Klteusc.zip file. Select that file and click Start button, now your Odin will start flashing the custom CWM Recovery. If it completes successfully your screen displays a green “PASS!” box.
- After completion of this process, your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4 will automatically boot into ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery and install the SuperUser app along with its binaries.
- If the whole process is completed, again reboot your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4.
Check Root Status of Samsung Galaxy S5So, you have finally rooted your Samsung Galaxy S5 successfully. But wait! Did it actually enable root access and everything went well? Even though you didn't face any errors while rooting process, it doesn't mean you did it right. Don't worry, we can simply test the root access on Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4 by installing any root checker applications. You can try this app from Playstore and verify the root access. If that app shows no root access, then you might have done something wrong. Try this entire process again to root Samsung Galaxy S5.
Conclusion for rooting Samsung Galaxy S5
We're done! Hope this guide helped you to root Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4 without any errors. In case if you encounter any problems while following our guide, leave a comment below and we'll respond with a possible solution as soon as possible. Keep visiting for more updates on Samsung Galaxy S5.