Samsung releases Android Nougat to its flagship Galaxy S7, Galaxy S6, and some Galaxy Note II series. Samsung doesn’t provide this update to Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G900R4. However, Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G900R4 users can able to update their device into Android Nougat by installing some custom ROM’s. For this installation, you need to root Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900R4. If you are one of them and want to install some custom firmwares you must root your Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G900R4 with TWRP recovery. If you want to root your mobile you have to install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G900R4.
TWRP is one of the best custom recoveries for any Android mobiles. By using this we can install some custom firmwares. But there is a problem on the void guarantee. Even though you want to install TWRP Recovery Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G900R4 please do verify some prerequisites given below.
PrerequisitesBefore you start the procedure of installing TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy, you must follow below-mentioned prerequisites to stay on safe side. Carefully read these conditions before you start installing custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G900R4.
- Check device model: This article is written purely for Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G900R4 only. You should not follow these steps on any other devices. If your device is not Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G900R4, then you should stop following these steps immediately.
- Root access: Before installing TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G900R4, you must root your device. You can find more details on how to root Samsung Galaxy below.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader after rooting and installing a TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy. You can find more details about Samsung Galaxy bootloader unlocking below.
- USB drivers: If you need to connect your Samsung Galaxy to PC or laptop as the part of this tutorial, then you should first install %device_company% USB drivers on your system.
- USB debugging: To establish a stable connection between Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G900R4 and PC/Laptop, you need to enable USB debugging on Samsung Galaxy. Check our guide to enable USB debugging on Samsung Galaxy.
- Backup: Installing TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G900R4 will delete entire data from the device and recovering them is a big process. It is recommended to backup entire Samsung Galaxy data before you follow these steps.
- Check battery: The process of installing custom recovery may take 5-20 minutes and you should maintain enough battery backup before starting the process. Battery drains quickly than normal while you follow below steps and it is advised to charge up to 60% before getting started.
- Samsung USB drivers.
- TWRP Recovery.img
- 15 Seconds ADB installer 1.4.3 (Latest version)
- 15 Seconds ADB installer 1.3 (Older version)
DisclaimerInstalling TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G900R4 is not a simple and official process. You need to do it with caution. Any small mistake may hard brick your device and makes it useless. Please try this custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G900R4 at your own risk. Either Interest Waypoint team, device manufactures or developers are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G900R4. You need to understand this article is just for educational purpose and you're doing it at your own risk.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G900R4
Step 1. Download your device model TWRP recovery from the downloads section.
Step 2. Now you have to install Fastboot Drivers and ADB on your Computer. If you don’t know how to install ADB and Fastboot with Drivers follow below steps.
Install ADB and Fastboot with Drivers
- Download ADB installer (Latest version) from the downloads section. If it won’t work then try the older version.
- Now install your 15 Seconds ADB installer 1.4.3
- Type y and press enter for installing ADB and Fastboot drivers.
- Again type y and press enter for making ADB system-wide.
- Again type y and press enter for installing drivers.
If the above setup process will be done your ADB and Fastboot drivers were installed successfully. Now you can continue our next steps.
Step 4. Now open the TWRP Recovery file from the downloaded folder.
Step 5. Open Command Window by pressing Shift Button and Clicking Mouse Right on empty space on your PC. Now click on Open command window here.
Step 6. By using a USB cable connect your Galaxy S8 SM-G900R4 to your PC and type this command
ADB REBOOT BOOTLOADER
Step 7. To start flashing TWRP Recovery in Galaxy S8 SM-G900R4 now type this
FASTBOOT FLASH RECOVERY TWRP.IMG command and rename TWRP recovery.img file as twrp.img
Step 8. If TWRP Recovery flashing is done successfully, you can reboot your Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G900R4 by using this command
Check Root Status of Samsung GalaxySo, you have finally rooted your Samsung Galaxy successfully. But wait! Did it actually enable root access and everything went well? Even though you didn't face any errors while rooting process, it doesn't mean you did it right. Don't worry, we can simply test the root access on Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G900R4 by installing any root checker applications. You can try this app from Playstore and verify the root access. If that app shows no root access, then you might have done something wrong. Try this entire process again to root Samsung Galaxy.
Conclusion for installing TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G900R4
Hope you followed this guide properly and successfully installed TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G900R4. In case if you find any issues while following this tutorial, leave a comment below and we'll respond with a possible solution. Don't stop here, start installing custom ROM's to see the real charm of Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G900R4. Keep visiting our website for more tutorials on Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G900R4.