Samsung released a mid-range model Samsung Galaxy On5 by targeting the young consumers. This On-series smartphone has features including Ultra Data Saving (UDS) and MixRadio as well as 4G LTE support. But still, some of Samsung Galaxy On5 users have Android Lollipop version only. Don’t worry you can update your mobile by using some custom ROM’s but your mobile must be rooted. However, you can’t root your mobile without having TWRP recovery. So here we’re going to show you how to install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy On5.
TWRP is one of the best custom recoveries for any Android mobiles. By using this we can install some custom firmwares. But there is a problem on the void guarantee. Even though you want to install TWRP Recovery Samsung Galaxy On5 please do verify some prerequisites given below.
PrerequisitesBefore you start the procedure of installing TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy, you must follow below-mentioned prerequisites to stay on safe side. Carefully read these conditions before you start installing custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy On5.
- Check device model: This article is written purely for Samsung Galaxy On5 only. You should not follow these steps on any other devices. If your device is not Samsung Galaxy On5, then you should stop following these steps immediately.
- Root access: Before installing TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy On5, you must root your device. You can find more details on how to root Samsung Galaxy below.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader after rooting and installing a TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy. You can find more details about Samsung Galaxy bootloader unlocking below.
- USB drivers: If you need to connect your Samsung Galaxy to PC or laptop as the part of this tutorial, then you should first install %device_company% USB drivers on your system.
- USB debugging: To establish a stable connection between Samsung Galaxy On5 and PC/Laptop, you need to enable USB debugging on Samsung Galaxy. Check our guide to enable USB debugging on Samsung Galaxy.
- Backup: Installing TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy On5 will delete entire data from the device and recovering them is a big process. It is recommended to backup entire Samsung Galaxy data before you follow these steps.
- Check battery: The process of installing custom recovery may take 5-20 minutes and you should maintain enough battery backup before starting the process. Battery drains quickly than normal while you follow below steps and it is advised to charge up to 60% before getting started.
Must Follow Steps
- Enable OEM unlock is compulsory. If you don’t know how to enable OEM unlock in your mobile follow these simple steps.
- “In your phone go to Settings –> About –> Now tap Build Number 10 times to enable developer mode.
- Again go to Settings –> Developer Mode and select “Enable OEM Unlock”.
DisclaimerInstalling TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy On5 is not a simple and official process. You need to do it with caution. Any small mistake may hard brick your device and makes it useless. Please try this custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy On5 at your own risk. Either Interest Waypoint team, device manufactures or developers are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your Samsung Galaxy On5. You need to understand this article is just for educational purpose and you're doing it at your own risk.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on T Mobiles Samsung Galaxy On5
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy On5 to your PC and transfer the downloaded zip files to phone/Sd card memory.
- Extract Odin 3.07.zip and run Odin3 v3.07 as administrator.
- Turn Off your Samsung Galaxy On5 device, and wait for few seconds.
- Hold down the Volume Down button + Home Button then press Power Button for 5 seconds, you’ll get a warning screen.
- Press Volume up to continue.
- Now open Odin and copy the downloaded TWRP Recovery file in the [AP]slot.
- Now under options disabled Auto Reboot and press Start and wait until you see the green color PASS box. It shows that you have successfully installed TWRP recovery.
- Once the installation is done reboot your mobile.
Check Root Status of Samsung GalaxySo, you have finally rooted your Samsung Galaxy successfully. But wait! Did it actually enable root access and everything went well? Even though you didn't face any errors while rooting process, it doesn't mean you did it right. Don't worry, we can simply test the root access on Samsung Galaxy On5 T Mobile by installing any root checker applications. You can try this app from Playstore and verify the root access. If that app shows no root access, then you might have done something wrong. Try this entire process again to root Samsung Galaxy.
Conclusion for installing TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy On5
Hope you followed this guide properly and successfully installed TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy On5. In case if you find any issues while following this tutorial, leave a comment below and we'll respond with a possible solution. Don't stop here, start installing custom ROM's to see the real charm of Samsung Galaxy On5. Keep visiting our website for more tutorials on Samsung Galaxy On5.