We all know that Motorola releases its brand new mobile Moto G5S plus recently. If you are a Moto G5S plus user, you can able to update your device to the latest Android 8.0 Oreo by installing Lineage OS when it is available. If you want to update your Moto G5S plus you should root your Moto G5S Plus. You must install TWRP Recovery on Moto G5S Plus for rooting.
TWRP Recovery allows you to Install Custom Roms and Mods (including LineageOS, AOSP). You can also update your device to the latest Android 8.0 Oreo by Installing Lineage OS when it becomes available. Please do verify some prerequisites if you are ready to install TWRP Recovery on Moto G5S Plus.
PrerequisitesBefore you start the procedure of installing TWRP Recovery on Moto G, you must follow below-mentioned prerequisites to stay on safe side. Carefully read these conditions before you start installing custom recovery on Moto G5S Plus.
- Check device model: This article is written purely for Moto G5S Plus only. You should not follow these steps on any other devices. If your device is not Moto G5S Plus, then you should stop following these steps immediately.
- Root access: Before installing TWRP Recovery on Moto G5S Plus, you must root your device. You can find more details on how to root Moto G below.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader after rooting and installing a TWRP Recovery on Moto G. You can find more details about Moto G bootloader unlocking below.
- USB drivers: If you need to connect your Moto G to PC or laptop as the part of this tutorial, then you should first install %device_company% USB drivers on your system.
- USB debugging: To establish a stable connection between Moto G5S Plus and PC/Laptop, you need to enable USB debugging on Moto G. Check our guide to enable USB debugging on Moto G.
- Backup: Installing TWRP Recovery on Moto G5S Plus will delete entire data from the device and recovering them is a big process. It is recommended to backup entire Moto G data before you follow these steps.
- Check battery: The process of installing custom recovery may take 5-20 minutes and you should maintain enough battery backup before starting the process. Battery drains quickly than normal while you follow below steps and it is advised to charge up to 60% before getting started.
- Moto USB drivers.
- TWRP Recovery.img
- 15 Seconds ADB installer 1.4.3 (Latest version)
- 15 Seconds ADB installer 1.3 (Older version)
DisclaimerInstalling TWRP Recovery on Moto G5S Plus is not a simple and official process. You need to do it with caution. Any small mistake may hard brick your device and makes it useless. Please try this custom recovery on Moto G5S Plus at your own risk. Either Interest Waypoint team, device manufactures or developers are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your Moto G5S Plus. You need to understand this article is just for educational purpose and you're doing it at your own risk.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G5S Plus
Step 1. Download your device model TWRP recovery from the downloads section.
Step 2. Now you have to install Fastboot Drivers and ADB on your Computer. If you don’t know how to install ADB and Fastboot with Drivers follow below steps.
Install ADB and Fastboot with Drivers
- Download ADB installer (Latest version) from the downloads section. If it won’t work then try the older version.
- Now install your 15 Seconds ADB installer 1.4.3
- Type y and press enter for installing ADB and Fastboot drivers.
- Again type y and press enter for making ADB system-wide.
- Again type y and press enter for installing drivers.
If the above setup process will be done your ADB and Fastboot drivers were installed successfully. Now you can continue our next steps.
Step 4. Now open the TWRP Recovery file from the downloaded folder.
Step 5. Open Command Window by pressing Shift Button and Clicking Mouse Right on empty space on your PC. Now click on Open command window here.
Step 6. By using a USB cable connect your Moto G5S Plus to your PC and type this command
ADB REBOOT BOOTLOADER
Step 7. To start flashing TWRP Recovery in Moto G5S Plus now type this
FASTBOOT FLASH RECOVERY TWRP.IMG command and rename TWRP recovery.img file as twrp.img
Step 8. If TWRP Recovery flashing is done successfully, you can reboot your Moto G5S Plus by using this command
Check Root Status of Moto GSo, you have finally rooted your Moto G successfully. But wait! Did it actually enable root access and everything went well? Even though you didn't face any errors while rooting process, it doesn't mean you did it right. Don't worry, we can simply test the root access on Moto G5S Plus by installing any root checker applications. You can try this app from Playstore and verify the root access. If that app shows no root access, then you might have done something wrong. Try this entire process again to root Moto G.
Conclusion for installing TWRP Recovery on Moto G5S Plus
Hope you followed this guide properly and successfully installed TWRP Recovery on Moto G5S Plus. In case if you find any issues while following this tutorial, leave a comment below and we'll respond with a possible solution. Don't stop here, start installing custom ROM's to see the real charm of Moto G5S Plus. Keep visiting our website for more tutorials on Moto G5S Plus.