Samsung Galaxy A5 is one of the A series models along with Galaxy A3, Galaxy A7 from Samsung. Initially, this mobile works on Android Lollipop but now upgraded to Android Marshmallow. However, some users of Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) want to update their mobile to latest Android version. If you are one of them and want’s to update your mobile by installing some custom ROM’s.Before installing custom ROM’s you have to install TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016).
TWRP is one of the best custom recoveries for any Android mobiles. By using this we can install some custom firmwares. But there is a problem on the void guarantee. Even though you want to install TWRP Recovery Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) please do verify some prerequisites given below.
PrerequisitesBefore you start the procedure of installing TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy, you must follow below-mentioned prerequisites to stay on safe side. Carefully read these conditions before you start installing custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016).
- Check device model: This article is written purely for Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) only. You should not follow these steps on any other devices. If your device is not Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016), then you should stop following these steps immediately.
- Root access: Before installing TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016), you must root your device. You can find more details on how to root Samsung Galaxy below.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader after rooting and installing a TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy. You can find more details about Samsung Galaxy bootloader unlocking below.
- USB drivers: If you need to connect your Samsung Galaxy to PC or laptop as the part of this tutorial, then you should first install %device_company% USB drivers on your system.
- USB debugging: To establish a stable connection between Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) and PC/Laptop, you need to enable USB debugging on Samsung Galaxy. Check our guide to enable USB debugging on Samsung Galaxy.
- Backup: Installing TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) will delete entire data from the device and recovering them is a big process. It is recommended to backup entire Samsung Galaxy data before you follow these steps.
- Check battery: The process of installing custom recovery may take 5-20 minutes and you should maintain enough battery backup before starting the process. Battery drains quickly than normal while you follow below steps and it is advised to charge up to 60% before getting started.
Must Follow Steps
- Rooting your mobile is compulsory if you want to install TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016).
- This article is only for Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) Variants like A510F, A510FD, A510Y, A510M.
- If your device model is not in the above list just skip this article.
DisclaimerInstalling TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) is not a simple and official process. You need to do it with caution. Any small mistake may hard brick your device and makes it useless. Please try this custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) at your own risk. Either Interest Waypoint team, device manufactures or developers are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016). You need to understand this article is just for educational purpose and you're doing it at your own risk.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016)
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy On5 to your PC and transfer the downloaded zip files to phone/Sd card memory.
- Extract Odin 3.09.zip and run Odin3.09 as administrator.
- Turn Off your Samsung Galaxy On5 device, and wait for few seconds.
- Hold down the Volume Down button + Home Button then press Power Button for 5 seconds, you’ll get a warning screen.
- Press Volume up to continue.
- Now open Odin and copy the downloaded TWRP Recovery file (Based on your device Android version download the required TWRP Recovery) in the [AP]slot.
- Now under options disabled Auto Reboot and press Start and wait until you see the green color PASS box. It shows that you have successfully installed TWRP recovery.
- Once the installation is done reboot your mobile.
If you want to see your TWRP custom recovery interface follow this simple steps.
- Hold your Power Button + Volume Down Button + Home Button until you the see black screen.
- If you saw a black screen now instead of Volume Down button now press Volume Up button along with the above-listed buttons.
- Now it will boot your mobile into Recovery Mode and you can TWRP custom recovery interface.
- In TWRP Recovery mode click on reboot option to reboot your mobile.
Conclusion for installing TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A5 2016
Hope you followed this guide properly and successfully installed TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A5 2016. In case if you find any issues while following this tutorial, leave a comment below and we'll respond with a possible solution. Don't stop here, start installing custom ROM's to see the real charm of Samsung Galaxy A5 2016. Keep visiting our website for more tutorials on Samsung Galaxy A5 2016.