Recently we heard news from XDA member, Nougat Me ROM is now available for Samsung Galaxy Y. If you are a Samsung Galaxy Y user and if you want to change your default firmware, install this Nougat ME ROM in your Samsung Galaxy Y device by following these simple steps and feel the new experience of Nougat Me Beta ROM which contains some extreme features.
The latest feature’s users are going to experience in Samsung Galaxy Y after update to Nougat ME ROM is explained below.
- Android Nougat Platlogo and Nougat Statusbar.
- Android Nougat LockScreen with new Music Gadget.
- Music Visualizer on Lockscreen.(only after enable it from app)
- Android Nougat Themed Apps.
- Material Themed Apps, Icons, Animations, Fonts.
- Material Ripple effects and Spinners.
- And also the features from Mango Me ROM.
- FM Radio and Offline Charging Issues.
- Specific CyanogenMod HW animations like CRT, Render effects, Rotation, etc..,
- USB tethers.
- There is a bug while screenshots are taken.
- Some apps have White on a White problem.
Before Installing Nougat Me ROM in Samsung Galaxy Y you have to follow some prerequisites described below.
- For transferring firmware packages, PC has to detect your device for that you have to install Samsung USB drivers.
- Make sure that your device is in debugging mode for transferring files from PC to your device if not follow this link. Guide to Enable USB Debugging.
- For installation, you have to root your device, check whether your device is in Root or not.
- Rooting leads to lost your data so you have to backup all your data like documents, contacts, games, etc.., before starting the installation.
- Make sure that your phone battery charging is above 70%. If not try to plug your device for charging.
- The installation process doesn’t work when your bootloader is locked, so always try to unlock your device.
- Samsung USB drivers.
- Latest Nougat Stable Build.
- Updated Nougat Stable Build.
- Nougat Stable Toroto.
- Nougat Beta Toroto.zip
- NuetllaMe Experimental Build.
- EXT4 Tool.
- The Kernel.
- Update NougatME.zip (After Installing ROM Update Patch)
“Disclaimer: Nougat Me ROM is an unofficial build, so users may install at their own risk. Interest Waypoint team is not responsible in case if anything wrong happens to your device while doing the installation process.”
Steps for Installing NougatMe ROM in Samsung Galaxy Note II
“Note:- If your device contains EXT4 ROM, directly start processing from Step 5. If you don’t have flash Stock ROM follow all the steps.”
- If you want to be your installation cleaner and safer be on a Stock ROM, otherwise some interruptions may occur. Don’t think that they are ROM bugs.
- Download EXT4 Tool, Kernel and the Mango Me ROM from downloads section into your PC.
- If you are not in Stock ROM flash your recovery or flash on Samsung recovery bielt.v ‘s temp.CWM.
- Now flash the EXT4 Formatter tool when you are on Temp.CWM, so that the whole system will be converted into an EXT4 format. Here Stock filesystem is RFS.
- If the installation process is completed now flash bielt.v ‘s Kernel, which you have downloaded recently.
- If your Kernel installation is completed, now go to advanced on CWM for reboot recovery. This complete process will reboot the device and turns it into new CWM of Kernel.
- Select wipe cache partition for performing data wipe. After completing the cache partition enter into advanced options and select wipe dalvik cache.
- Now the important process is, go to mounts and storage but make sure that your system is mounted or not. If not mount it 2 or more times otherwise ZIP won’t flash. Every time you need to flash the ZIP, so you have to do this.
- Now go to your SD card, then install zip, now choose the zip file from the downloads section and install your ROM.
- This installation takes more than 5 seconds if not, your system is unmounted. So repeat Step 8.
- After the installation process is completed, go back and reboot your system, if you have done this in a proper way your ROM boots so there is no problem with it.
- Follow these simple steps to set Holo Launcher.
- Go to Settings—>Home–>Backup and Restore.
- Go to Restore Settings–> Nougat Me.bak
Conclusion for Installing Nougat ME ROM on Samsung Galaxy Y
If the above steps are successfully done, your Samsung Galaxy Y is updated and running on Nougat ME ROM. In case if you face any issues while following the above steps, don’t hesitate to know us through the comment section. We may help you as soon as possible.