Dropbox is a perfect platform to get online backup service. It has changed the way we used to store and share our data nine years ago and has become very popular this year. Availability of Dropbox in 19 languages and 11 operating systems has made it immensely useful and important. We will discuss the features of Dropbox first before proceeding to the tips to get more free space on Dropbox.
Features of Dropbox
- Your files are saved online and thus you have the freedom access to it from any device and at any time, any place. All you got to have is internet enabled device.
- The file shared by one device gets automatically synced with your other device.
- You don’t need to send an entire video to someone in order to share it. A simple link will do the task for you. Your friends don’t even need to have a Dropbox account in order to watch the video.
- You can create a backup of your entire gallery.
- If your team is working on a presentation, then Dropbox is definitely your best companion, as it allows all the members to work simultaneously on the slide.
If you are impressed with the features, then I am sure you will get Dropbox. Once you download Dropbox, it is obvious that you will take multiple backups and will be sharing your files when needed.
Dropbox provides you with 1 TB of free space. You don’t have to pay anything for using that space. But once you have filled in the 1 TB storage, you will have to find a way out to increase your space on Dropbox. My article concentrates on this part as I will be telling you tricks to get more free space on Dropbox.
How To Get More Free Space on Dropbox?
There are two ways of getting more free space on Dropbox. The first one is the paid method where you have to upgrade your account to either Dropbox Pro or Dropbox Business according to your requirement. But we will not be focusing on that. Instead, we will see how could we get more space on Dropbox for free.
There are many ways to get more free space on Dropbox. The official methods to get it are listed below.
- Complete the ‘Get Started Guide’ of Dropbox: The ‘Get Started Guide’ of Dropbox consists of seven tasks. Out of the seven tasks, you have to complete any five tasks to get more free space on Dropbox. The tasks to be completed are pretty simple like installing Dropbox on your smartphone and taking a Dropbox tour.
Free Space Earned: 250 MB
- Connect your Facebook and Twitter accounts to your Dropbox account: If you use Facebook and Twitter as your social media platforms, you can benefit from it to get more free space in your Dropbox account. All you need to do is connect those accounts with your Dropbox.
Free Space Earned: 125 MB (for linking Facebook account) + 125 MB (for linking Twitter account)
- Follow Dropbox on Twitter: If you have a Twitter account, you can follow the official Twitter account of Dropbox to earn more space.
Free Space Earned- 125 MB
- Refer your friends, family, and colleagues to Dropbox: Isn’t this process easy? All you need to do is refer all the people you know to Dropbox to get more space on it. Please note that, if you simply share a folder or file with someone, it won’t be considered as a referral.
According to Dropbox, you can refer someone to it, only by following the proper procedure which is to log in to your Dropbox account first. After that click on Settings -> ‘Invite your Friends’. Then, you can select the people whom you want to invite to enjoy more space in Dropbox.
Free Space Earned:
32GB/32 Referrals – Dropbox Pro Account
16GB/32 Referrals – Dropbox Account
- Give Feedback: Dropbox loves to hear feedback from its users. Both positive and negative reviews are accepted by Dropbox. So, don’t be afraid to voice your opinion to get more space on Dropbox.
Free Space Earned- 125 MB
With five guaranteed ways, I am sure that you will get enough of free space in your Dropbox account to last for a long period of time.
If you own a Dropbox Basic Account, you can earn up to 16GB of free space through referrals alone (32 friends X 500 MB of free space for each referral= 16 GB of free space). The other simple ways of earning free space are already listed above. So, what are you waiting for? Get to work quickly! Don’t forget to share the post with your friends who have also crossed the red line of space in Dropbox and needs ways to get more space on Dropbox.